Why Display the
Ten Commandments Products
What Does the Bible Say about the Ten Commandments?
Christian Yard Signs
Christian Bumper Stickers
Customize Your Sign or Shirt
Sell Sign/Shirts Retail
Buy Signs/Shirts Locally
View the Guestbook
Link to Us
Seven Deadly Sins of the Bible
List of the Seven Deadly Sins in the Bible
In the 6th century, Pope Gregory the Great stated that the seven deadly sins are as follows:
- Pride - the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and the source from which the other deadly sins arise. Pride is a desire to be more important or attractive than others.
- Envy - the desire to have something that someone else has which they perceive themselves as lacking.
- Gluttony - over-indulgence and over-consumption of anything to the point of waste.
- Lust - thought of as involving obsessive or excessive thoughts or desires of a sexual nature.
- Anger/Wrath - inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger.
- Greed - a sin of access; concentrating too much on earthy thoughts. Greedy behavior such as disloyalty, deliberate betrayal or treason.
- Sloth - the “failure to love God with all one’s heart, all one’s mind and all one’s soul."
these are undeniably sins, they are never given the description
of "the seven deadly sins" in the Bible. The church divided sins in two different types venial and capital. Venial sins could be forgiven without the need to confess these sins and capital sins merited damnation. Capital sins could have a fatal effect on an individual’s spiritual health. British wall paintings stressed the connection between committing the Deadly Sins and ending up in Hell.
Instead of keeping the seven deadly sins a secret the church wanted to educate their people regarding the importance of even thinking about these dangerous actions:
- so that they would not commit these sins without realizing how serious they
- so that they would be able to confess any such sins and gain absolution.
This desire to educate the laity about the Seven Deadly Sins can be particularly associated with the Fourth Lateran Council (1214).
The Fourth Lateran Council established the practice of annual confession for all, declaring that:
"All the Faithful of both sexes shall, after they have reached the age of
discretion, faithfully confess all their sins at least once a year to their own
(parish) priest and perform to the best of their ability the penance imposed,
receiving reverently at least at Easter the sacrament of the Eucharist, unless
perchance at the advice of their priest they may for a good reason abstain for a
time from its reception; otherwise they shall be cut off from the Church during
life and deprived of Christian burial in death. Wherefore, let this salutary decree be published frequently in the churches, that no one may find in the plea of ignorance a shadow of excuse."
Seven deadly sins as stated in the bible:
Proverbs 6:16-19 (New International Reader's Version)
Campaign Signs for prices.
16 There are six things the Lord hates.
In fact, he hates seven things.
17 The Lord hates proud eyes,
a lying tongue,
and hands that kill those who aren't guilty.
18 He also hates hearts that make evil plans,
feet that are quick to do evil,
19 any witness who pours out lies,
and anyone who stirs up family fights.
Proverbs 6:16-19 (New King James Version)
16 These six things the LORD hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
18A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.
Who is Ron Paul for President?
Ron Paul President Magnets
Ron Paul President Banners
Ron Paul is running for president, read his views on abortion.
Ron Paul abortion and pro life,
Ron Paul and information
Join a Local meet up group For President Meet Up Group
Other candidates have a profound amount of grassroots support.
Right now there are nearly 700 local meetup groups.
Ron Paul President Meetup Groups.
Senate candidates in Arizona, California, and New York will face voters in 2012.
Azronia Senate and Congress Candidates
California Senate and Congress Candidates
New York Senate Candidates and Congress
Ten Commandments Heritage Advertising
Heritage Advertising, Inc.
4100 Bob Wallace Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35805